08 Oct Stay Informed on Public Charge
The new public charge rule change recently proposed by the White House threatens the health and the well-being of our immigrant communities. Individuals and their families will be placed in an inconceivable position to choose between accessing necessary health services and preserving their immigration status.
At Healthy Communities Foundation, we are committed to serve the immigrant communities that reside within our service region and support organizations and providers that work and advocate for them.
As we continue to learn more about the public charge rule, we want to provide up-to-date information and resources that can keep you informed of how it impacts the immigrant communities you may serve.
What is Public Charge?
Protecting Immigrant Families created a 3-minute video that provides a comprehensive definition of what the public charge rule is. Click below to watch the video.
- Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
- Protecting Immigrant Families
- Proposed Changes to Public Charge: Quick Analysis
- How to Talk About Public Charge with Immigrants and Their Families
- Public Charge: A New Threat to Immigrant Families
- The Hunger Impact of the Proposed Public Charge Rule
- Public Charge Expansion Proposed Rule: A Threat to Women of Color
- Proposed Changes to “Public Charge” Policies for Immigrants: Implications for Health Coverage